Who we are
hands-on-hospitality was founded in 1995 as SwissCon (PVT) Ltd. based in Zimbabwe and ran all operational training for the Zimbabwe Sun Hotel Group.
Our mission is to assist our clients enhance their reputation by refining their value proposition through human capital development and operational training, focusing on quality management and guest satisfaction.
Our vision is to create sustainable value in project and training facilitation and to build a reputation as a highly effective glocal consultancy.
The overall responsibility of hands-on-hospitality is with Jean Pierre Schirach, dipl. hotelier SHL. Depending on the specific needs, JP works with specialists and associates guaranteeing efficient solutions. See also associates
We are specialists in the following facilitation:
- Quality and performance management, standards & audits
- Guest satisfaction management
- Product development
- Project management & facilitation
- Corporate operational training
The term facilitation is broadly used to describe any activity that makes tasks for others easy. Our philosophy goes a step further. Together with our customer we agree on a scope of work and define the outcome. Only when the outcome matches the set scope of work, do we consider the job done.
- Setting up a digital learning platform for internal standard practice instructions distribution & training for tuck-tuck.ch.
- Introduction and training of Talent Acquisition IT solution in 23 hotels worldwide for Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts.
- Introducing product and service standard measurements for Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts worldwide.
- Design and global roll-out of standards application training tool for Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts worldwide.
- Design and introduce products defining "Swissness" for Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts worldwide.
- Reorganisation of the management structure of TexAid AG (Partner of 6 Swiss NGO's) with extension of value chain through textile recycling in Bulgaria & India.
- Establishment of Partner Service Level Agreements for Swissair Inflight Product.
- Introduction of operational training and staff development plan for Zimbabwe Sun Group (Delta, 25 operations).
- Certification of over 200 Zimbabwean hospitality training students with AHMA diploma (Amercian Hotel & Motel Association).
- Certification of over 40 Zimbawean Chef students with the City & Guilds of England certification.
- CAS Business Excellence by European Foundation of Quality Management
- Diploma in Solution Oriented Coaching (Kim Berg & Steve de Shazar), Weiterbildungsforum Luzern, Switzerland 2013
- Federal diploma in adult education SVEB1, Switzerland 2013
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People certificate, Covey USA, Switzerland 2011
- Project Leadership, Cornell University USA, Switzerland 2010
- Investor in People Asessor, IIP London, 2009
- Motivation & Time Management by David Hussley (BBC), London 1997
- Train-the-trainer, Leadership, Sales & Marketing by AHMA International, Harare 1997
- WAM - Win by Confidence, Walt Disney, Johannesburg 1997
- Team & Individual Performance Evaluations, SwissTrainers Zurich, 1991
- Diploma in Hospitality Management by SHL Luzern, 1985